Friday, April 21, 2017

Quote of the Day - April 21, 2017

I remember one of my non-Christian office mates asked me,"Hey man, do you think your Christian commandment of love is easy?" I was surprised to his question and with my reaction, thinking what should I answer. My mind then was wandering, and asking myself if I am really doing it or not. No words came out of my mouth for few minutes. I was just staring at him, wondering why this guy was asking me this kind of question.

I felt that my faith was tested that day, and I failed the test. It made me realized that he's right - it's not easy, but that's one of the our missions to accomplish in the world while still alive.

Jesus has commanded everyone of us to "Love one another as I have loved you. It is by loving one another that people will know that you are my disciples." He also commanded us to "love your neighbor as yourself." I am still struggling to fulfill His commandments of love.

Later on that day, I came to him (my office mate) and agreed that he's right, but explain to him that it's our goal and duty to fulfill it.

No comments:

Post a Comment