Monday, May 1, 2017

Quote of the Day - May 01, 2017

Sometimes we are confronted with a situation wherein we need to make a certain and definite decision. This decision can either make or break a person's life.

There's a quote I read once which I cannot remember where, but I think it's from the Bible which says,

"It's better to be kind than to be right." I felt guilty when I did a decision when I was doing a lecturing job in Thailand that removes one student from the University I was working with.

Then later, I found out from one of his classmates that the student was my tennis body every afternoon. I felt bad that I didn't even know his name. The reason behind was, the class where he belonged was very huge, about a hundred students.

So, I could not remember all the names of my students for one thing, they're difficult to pronounce and memorize and I used number codes on each chair which corresponds to a student name to determine whether they're present or absent during our class in order to save time in calling them individually when checking their attendance.

I really regret my decision after checking again his records. There's a very good chance that he could still make it, by giving him additional thing to do, or additional project. Or, if he approached me before I submitted their grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment