Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Quote of the Day - May 02, 2017

I remember my father told us (sons and daughters) to obey him before we complain and to follow what he would tell us to do.

He's a military man, so it's just right for him to apply the military rules he'd learnt from his training in the military camp into his house and into his family.

When we complained because we had a valid reason, he will just say, "Follow what I say, but do not follow what I do."

It was the time when he told us not to drink wine, but we saw him drinking wine with his friends; and not to smoke but always asked us to buy him cigarettes.

So, after a decade or two had passed, some of us got his vices (drinking and smoking), and thanks God I'd learnt the reasons why I should not smoke and drink only occassionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment