Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Quote of the Day - April 25, 2017

When I was playing bowling in Thailand for more than ten years, I discovered something related to the commentary which I read this morning in the Book of PSALM 19 (18) which I am quoting below.

"Happy the eyes that are closed to what is spectacular so as to be more attentive to the interior vision."

If we shut the door of our senses to what is spectacular, especially to our eyes, we may be able to hear what God says to us. So, every time I played bowling, when I focused all my attentions to the game, I will always get at least one game with a score of more than 200.

There was a bowling tournament for all the universities in Thailand which I had participated. We traveled more than 3 hours to reach the venue and stayed there for a night with my family for the tournament the next day.

The tournament had different team grouping categories and my team belonged to 5-man team category. Of all the teams from the Institute - King Mongkut's Institute of Technology North Bangkok (KMITNB) where I was lecturing for seven years, only our team or any member of our team hadn't got any medal yet.

I was so pressured that time because they're expecting a lot from me. So, what I did, I just prayed to God and then apply the principle quoted above, and as I had anticipated, we made it. Our 5-man bowling team got the highest combined score and became the champion.

I got the following scores for the three games each of us had played: 275, 225 and 175. It contributed significantly to our over-all score which helped us got the championship trophy.

I was so focused, I didn't allow any destruction that would possibly affect every ball I threw. At the end, I praised and thanked God for that wonderful success I had on that important event.

No comments:

Post a Comment